Great article by TimeOut with 13 cool suggestions to do in Cascais.
Original article was written in Portuguese, by a Cascais local, bellow my best to translate, summarize & help (original article here)
1) Fill the pantry in Mercearia da Vila
This Grocery Store, in the historic center of the village, is the right place to stock up on organic and gourmet products
Address: Rua Visconde da Luz 12, 2750 Cascais
2) Cycling on the bike path (Cascais-Guincho)
With precisely 8,790 kilometers, it connects the town center to Guincho beach, without ever losing sight of the sea
3) See the exhibitions at Paula Rego Museum, Casa das Histórias
Visit the museum of Britain’s greatest living painter.
Address: Avenida da República 300, 2750-475 Cascais
4) Climb to the Terrace of the House of Wonders
House of Wonders is a shop, café, art gallery and vegetarian restaurant…
Address: 436, Rua da Misericórdia 53, 2750 Cascais
5) Lunch at La Contessa
small and wonderful Carpaccio House
Address: Rua Alexandre Herculano 95, 2750-079 Cascais
6) Check latest trends at Zöe Fashion Store
For anyone who wants to buy well and different … Its more than a multi-brand store, is a kind of workshop with personalized attention and a concept of exclusivity in more than 20 brands…
Address: Rua Frederico Arouca 4B, 2750-642 Cascais
7) Drink a cocktail by the pool at Farol Hotel
The sunset drinking the Exotic Martini with raspberries, melon and vodka.
Address: Avenida Rei Humberto II de Italia 7, 2750-800 Cascais
8) Try the stand-up paddle at Duquesa Beach
For classes , Contact: +351 93 32 58 114. From 25€. Rentals from 5€.
Address: Praia da Duquesa , Cascais
9) Discover the original Dejá Lu Bookstore
unique Secondhand Bookshop at Cidadela Art District
Address: Av. Dom Carlos I, 2750-310 Cascais
10) Get to know the Mercado da Vila (Village Market)
Market was recently fully reconverted. Fruit and vegetable vendors joined by nice shops and restaurants.
Address: Rua Padre Moisés da Silva 29, 2750-437 Cascais
11) Buy winter clothes at Rae Faether
Clothing store with Nordic roots. Clothing and accessories with minimalist touch, for all ages in cashmere, silk, pure cotton, etc
Address: Rua Frederico Arouca, 2750-355 Cascais
12) Say hello to Mrs. Lurdes at “Mar do Inferno” Restaurant
Great fish and seafood restaurant
Address: Avenida Rei Humberto II Italia | Boca do Inferno, Cascais
13) Eat the sandwich club at The Oitavos Hotel
Order a glass of wine and order the incredible, the gigantic, the unrivaled sandwich club
Address: Rua de Oitavos, 2750-374 Cascais